From the conference, Harvard Medical School professor David Silbersweig and Global Enlightenment Mountain (GEM) will recommend topics from media about AI governance and innovation to discuss.
The New York Times: What exactly are the dangers posed by AI?
Short-term risk: Disinformation
Medium-term risk: Job loss
Long-term risk: Loss of control
AI IS ABOUT TO MAKE SOCIAL MEDIA (MUCH) MORE TOXIC
We must prepare now, By Jon Haidt, Professor at NYU-Stern and Eric Schmidt
AI Will Soon Make Social Media Much More Harmful to Liberal Democracy, and to Children
1) AI-enhanced social media will wash ever-larger torrents of garbage into our public conversation.
2) Personalized super-influencers will make it much easier for companies, criminals, and foreign agents to influence us to do their bidding via social media platforms.
3) AI will make social media much more addictive for children, thereby accelerating the ongoing teen mental illness epidemic.
4) AI will change social media in ways that strengthen authoritarian regimes (particularly China) and weaken liberal democracies, particularly polarized ones, such as the USA.
Five reforms aimed mostly at increasing everyone’s ability to trust the people, algorithms, and content they encounter online:
- Authenticate all users, including bots
- Mark AI-generated audio and visual content
- Require data transparency with users, government officials, and researchers
- Clarify that platforms can sometimes be liable for the choices they make and the content they promote
- Raise the age of “internet adulthood” to 16 and enforce it
On Streamlife.com: Generative AI: The End of Human Creativity or the New Renaissance?
Global Enlightenment Mountain (GEM) encourage people to contribute comments and solutions from these articles. We see it is as a part of Global Enlightenment Mountain Policy.