Internships and Fellowships
Boston Global Forum is recruiting Undergraduate and Graduate Students majoring in Journalism, International Relations/Affairs/Development, Political Science, Economics, Law, Public Policy, and Graphic Design.
About Boston Global Forum
Boston Global Forum (BGF) is a non-profit founded and chaired by former Massachusetts Governor and Presidential Nominee Michael Dukakis, Harvard Business School Professor John Quelch, and Harvard Kennedy School of Government’s Shorenstein Center for the Press, Politics, and Public Policy Associate Mr. Nguyen Anh Tuan.
Boston Global Forum aims to bring together thought leaders across the globe onto an open forum to address issues that affect the world at large. BGF’s vision is to become a respected, unique, and action-focused forum to serve as an inspirational role model for global collaboration. The Forum’s mission is to facilitate collaboration, to identify, discuss, and propose meaningful, creative, and practical solutions to profound and pressing issues of societal concern. The Forum has held regular meetings with experts focusing on finding solutions and promoting dialogue in order to increase worker safety across the globe.
About the Opportunity
In order to achieve its meaningful objectives, BGF is currently looking for volunteers and interns to help facilitate and execute the strategic plan deigned by the Board of Directors.
1) Connect with prominent thinkers and experts, including, but not limited to, faculties from leading research universities across the globe, in order to inform them of BGF’s presence and objectives, and invite them to contribute to BGF’s discussions.
2) Interview respected experts to gain insights into the issues BGF is working towards solving.
3) Create content that enriches BGF’s website and meaningfully addresses the organization’s focus.
4) Meet regularly with the Board of Directors in order to plan and execute the organization’s goals.
1) Gain access to some of the world’s leading experts and thinkers from prestigious universities around the world.
2) Address complex issues and contribute meaningfully to make the world a better place.
3) Be a member of a passionate and dedicated team while publishing your work to a global audience.
1) Excellent communication skills, and outstanding writing capabilities.
2) Passionate about international affairs, public policy, and current events.
3) Familiarity with Word Press and social media platforms.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected] to be considered for this opportunity, and feel free to submit your questions as well.
Dream Incubator Program
Dream Incubator Program is a flagship project organized by BGF Young Leaders. 2015 will be the first year in running. Details of the program are as follow
Vision: To develop Vietnam best youth talents under 25s
Mission: This program aims to facilitate the transformation of self-driven young Vietnamese into better thinkers and doers via intellectual engagement and professional development through exposure to MIT, Harvard and the Boston ecosystems.
– Number of intake: 5
– Program component:
+ 10 week pre-trip: execution of idea and receive mentorship in Vietnam. English and other preparation for Boston trip.
+ 10 week Boston trip: intensive program with exposure to Harvard, MIT & Boston eco-system. Receive mentorship in US.
+ 10 week post-trip: execution of refined ideas, powered by the experience and learning from previous 20 weeks.
– All expenses covered
Timeline: All events will be held in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
+ Information session:
+ Ha Noi: Jan 6, 2015. Venue TBD
+ HCM: Jan 8, 2015. Venue TBD
+ Accepting application: Jan 9th-Feb 15th
+ Interview: Feb 28th (HCM) and Mar 1st (Hanoi).
+ Pre-trip: Mar-May
+ Boston trip: June-August
+ Post trip: August-October
Application: Please read the detail information sheet here before application. Apply here once ready. Deadline: Feb 15, 11:59pm EST.