Members of Global Enlightenment Community, such as President Vaira Vike-Freiberga, Prime Minister Zlatko Lagumdzija, father of Internet Vint Cerf, and CEO of BGF Nguyen Anh Tuan, spoke at the Global Baku Forum “The World after COVID-19”
The VIII Global Baku Forum, November 4-6, 2021, attracts great attention and interest of world leaders. At the opening ceremony, addresses were heard from Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Latvian President Egils Levits, Moldovan Prime Minister Natalia Gavrilita, Pope Francis, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, former UK Prime Minister, UN Special Envoy for Global Education and World Health Organization, Ambassador for Global Health Gordon Brown and other dignitaries.
The EU was a visionary creation that managed to transform the relations between deadly antagonists into peaceful partners, e.g. France and Germany. It expanded the fruitful collaborations among its members, and increased its membership enhancing peace and prosperity across the continent.
- Can the EU design a unified foreign and defense posture vis-a-vis the rapidly changing world order?
- Can the European parliament become a viable forum for formulating policies that would be binding on all the member countries?
- Can the EU design policies that would resolve favorably the current crises that exist in Europe: e.g. South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Ukraine and Crimea? Or to define policies on such non-consensual issues as immigration?
- Can the EU manage the issues raised by the policies of some of its member states, e.g. Hungary under Viktor Orban?
- Can the EU resolve the remaining issues of the BREXIT decisions?
- How will the EU define it relations with Russia post- Crimea?
– Vaira Vike-Freiberga, President of Latvia 1999-2007; Co-Chair, NGIC (TBC)
– Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, President of Croatia 2015-2020
– Yves Leterme, Prime Minister of Belgium 2008, 2009-2011
– Matteo Renzi, Prime Minister of Italy 2014-2016 (Digital Speaker)
– Emil Constantinescu, President of Romania 1996-2000
– Nguyen Anh Tuan, Co-Founder and CEO, Boston Global Forum