To help guide the future of artificial intelligence governance, the Global Enlightenment Leaders at the Boston Global Forum have established a dedicated team to develop an AI Legal Framework and Actions. Led by influential figures such as Governor Michael Dukakis, Chair of the BGF, and Nguyen Anh Tuan, CEO of the BGF, this team comprises of esteemed individuals from various disciplines and countries.
The distinguished members of the team are:
- Former Prime Minister of Italy Enrico Letta, former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, former Prime Minister of Bosnia and Herzegovina Zlatko Lagumdzija, and former President of Latvia Vaira Vike-Freiberga.
- Former Acting Secretary of Commerce of the US Cameron Kerry, former State Minister of Defense of Japan Yasuhide Nakayama, and Vint Cerf, Vice President of Google and one of the “fathers of the Internet.”
- Harvard and MIT professors Thomas Patterson, David Silbersweig, Alex Pentland, and Nazli Choucri.
- Professor Martha Minow, former Dean of Harvard Law School, Professor Ruth L. Okediji, Harvard Law School, Margaret Hagan, Executive Director of the Legal Design Lab and lecturer at Stanford Law School.
- Professor Zaneta Ozolina, Chairwoman of Latvia Transatlantic Organization (LATO), John Henry Clippinger, Co-Director of The Law Lab at Harvard University.
- Thomas Kehler, Chief Scientist of CrowdSmart, and Paul Nemitz, Principal Advisor of the European Commission.
The Global Enlightenment Leaders aim to develop a comprehensive Legal Framework and Actions for AI Global Governance. Drawing on the collaborative efforts of the Boston Global Forum and the Global Alliance for Digital Governance, the team will build upon the Shared Framework for Global Governance AI Assistants and ChatGPT. In pursuit of their objectives, the team intends to engage in dialogue with key stakeholders, including leaders from the European Union, the United States, Japan, India, the United Nations, and the Vatican.
The establishment of this team represents a significant milestone in the global discourse on AI governance. By bringing together esteemed experts from various domains, the Global Enlightenment Leaders at the Boston Global Forum demonstrate their commitment to shaping AI policies that align with the principles of fairness, accountability, and transparency. Through their collaborative efforts, this team will aspire to foster a global environment that harnesses the potential of AI while addressing its associated challenges.