CAIDP called attention to the danger of Artificial Intelligence techniques that promote propaganda, enable cyberattacks, and make possible automated warfare:
- Internet-companies are now amplifying pro-Putin content. That is the consequence of algorithms trained to maximize hits and profits.
- Russia’s cyberattacks threaten Ukraine and countries around the world.
- Russia has opposed the UN convention that would prohibit Lethal Autonomous Weapons. These AI-enabled weapon systems pose an immediate threat to the safety and well-being of all nations.
We also urge countries and industries to monitor the use of algorithmic techniques for disinformation campaigns, cyberattacks, and automated warfare.
We believe that human-centric and trustworthy AI can contribute to greater international cooperation, peace, and human well-being.
BGF’s Laurel for Peace and Security in Ukraine Initiative is about:
- Contribute ideas, solutions from distinguished thinkers, leaders for The New International Rules and Instruments for Peace and Security.
- Following the ideas and recommendations of BGF World Leaders for Peace and Security President Ursula von de Leyen, President Sauli Niinisto, Riksdag Speaker Andreas Norlen, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, President Vaira Vike-Freiberga, Chancellor Angela Merkel, President Toomas Hendrik Ilves, UN General Secretary Ban Ki-moon.
- Collect and recognize governments, organizations, companies, influencers contribute by voices, actions to support for peace and security in Ukraine.
- Synthesize powers from governments, organizations, companies, influencers for Peace and Security in Ukraine
BGF considers CAIDP’s statement is good voice to contribute to the Laurel for Peace and Security in Ukraine.