Format: Public with audiences
The moderator Douglas Frantz will introduce each panelist and make a short statement about the purpose of the panel and the project.
Then panelists will talk: average 7 minutes for each panelist talk.
Governor Michael Dukakis
Professor Nazli Choucri
State Minister Yasuhide Nakayama
President Vaira Vike-Freiberga
Prime Minister Zlatko Lagumdzija
Ms. Merve Hitkok
Then the moderator will discuss with panelists.
Finally, moderator will sum up views of panelists at the end of the session.
Time: 8:30 am – 10:30 am, EST, Feb 19, 2021.
Guidance on content:
Among the issues addressed by the Panel are the following:
- Reviewing legal frameworks for AI and identifying essential elements for an international AI legal framework.
- Defining methods to present abuses by governments and businesses in uses of AI, Data, Digital Technology, Cyberspace, (including attacking companies, organizations, and individuals on the Internet)
- Articulating norms to manage robotics and cybersecurity, protecting Social Contract for the AI Age, democratic values, transparency, and accountability while ensuring equal opportunities across diverse socio-economic landscapes.
- Supporting the provisions of the Budapest Convention on Cybercrime as well as the EU General Directives and/or incorporating basic principles thereof
- Sanctioning entities –including governments, businesses, and not-for profit actors — who violate the AI International Accord and/or Social Contract for the AI Age).
Purpose and Scope of the AI International Accord Initiative
– Create an initial framework for the AI International Accord
– Establish a World Alliance for Digital Governance focused on supporting to support the AI International Accord and the Social Contract for the AI Age.
– Design a Monitoring System to observe all abuses in applications of AI by private and public entities, and to identify notable violations of an emergent AI International Accord and of the Social Contract for the AI Age.
– Provide an initial “proof of concept” – in terms of implementation and operations in practice – focused on AIWS City
– Explore potentials for reviewing and regulating potential deviances or damage created by algorithm development and implementation.
1. Process toward AI International Accord Initiative (Proposed)
The following process is currently envisaged:
(1) Creation of Draft-Framework prepared by the AIIA Team
(2) Discussion and Review by
- · AIIA Panels organized by Boston Global Forum and Michael Dukakis Institute
- · Quad Roundtables organized by Boston Global Forum and Riga Conference 2021
(3) Communication of progress with governments and international organizations
(4) Creation of “alliances-for-system-test” to focus on challenges of implementation
(5) Implementation of on-site operation and assessments at AIWS City
(6) Assessment of results to this point
2. Review, Revisions, and Refinements
Identify the operational steps to be undertaken in, and addressed, at several levels and in different contexts:
The results will reflect the inputs, reactions, and considerations at each level.
3. Endorsement and Support
We shall explore (and seek to obtain) the support of the following entities
– First Quad group and EU
– Second OECD countries
– Third United Nations
– Fourth Russia and China
4. Host and Partners:
Host: Boston Global Forum and Michael Dukakis Institute
World Leadership Alliance-Club de Madrid
Riga Conference 2021
United Nations Academic Impact
US, Japan, Australia, India, Sweden, Latvia
5. Timeline of Key Events:
Quad Roundtable April, 2021
AI International Accord
Riga Conference 2021
Session on AIIA
World Leadership Alliance – Club de Madrid, September 2021
World Leaders and AIIA
AIWS City as the place for initial implementation of AIIA
Boston Global Forum December 12, 2021
Announce the AIIA Accord and present World Leader for Peace and Security 2021 who made significant contributions to AIIA
– The Panel is convened under the leadership of Governor Michael Dukakis, and President Vaira Vike-Freiberga.
7. AIIA Team:
– Nazli Choucri
– Tuan Nguyen
– Thomas Patterson
– David Silbersweig
– Marc Rotenberg
– Merve Hickok
– Alex Sandy Pentland
– Vint Cerf
– Prime Minister Zlatko Lagumdzija
– Prime Minister Esko Aho,
– Yasuhide Nakayama
– Douglas Frantz
– P.S Raghavan
– Kimberley Kitching
– Zaneta Ozolina
– Stavros Lambrinidis
– Judea Pearl
– Randall Davis
– Sandis Sraders
9. Official Online Host of Events
AIWS Palace at AIWS City