The 17th annual UN Internet Global Forum meeting will be hosted in a hybrid format. The meeting will aim at accommodating the participation of stakeholders present onsite in Addis Ababa or participating online in an equitable manner. This hybrid approach also extends to the session organizing teams (organizers, speakers, moderators and rapporteurs) who will participate online or onsite. This further means that all session-engaged parties can participate onsite or online. The overall objective is to make participation in IGF 2022 meaningful and inclusive for all participants.
The meeting will be hosted under the overarching theme: Resilient Internet for a shared sustainable and common future. The programme will be developed around the following themes:
- Connecting All People and Safeguarding Human Rights
- Avoiding Internet Fragmentation
- Governing Data and Protecting Privacy
- Enabling Safety, Security and Accountability
- Addressing Advanced Technologies, including AI
The Global Alliance for Digital Governance (GADG) was established through a collaboration of the Boston Global Forum and World Leadership Alliance-Club de Madrid at the Policy Lab on September 7-9, 2021.
- Coordinate resources: governments, international organizations, corporations, think tanks, civil society, and influencers for AI and a digital sphere for good, to make these resources more effective, to synthesize and maximize their impact, and to create more implementation-oriented conferences.
- Protect fundamental values and standards proposed in Social Contract for the AI Age, in AI International Accord and in the book Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment.
Two coordinators of GADG, Vint Cerf and Toomas Hendrik Ilves, are members of IGF Leadership Panel. GADG will connect and support this event.