President Joe Biden on October 4 unveiled a new AI Bill of Rights, which outlines five protections Americans should have in the AI age, making automated systems work for the American people.
Boston Global Forum is pioneering by presenting a proposal and call for International Law and Accord in AI and Digital Rights at the Policy Lab: “FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS IN AI & DIGITAL SOCIETIES – TOWARDS AN INTERNATIONAL ACCORD,” co-organized by BGF and Club de Madrid on September 7-9, 2021. BGF also published “Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment,” which includes these important chapters: “Framework for an AI International Accord” by MIT Professor Nazli Choucri, “An AI ‘Bill of Rights’ in the Digital Age” by Ambassador Stavros Lambrinidis, and “Fundamentals of International Law: AI and Digital” by Paul Nemitz; and the special report of BGF and Club de Madrid (CdM) in 2021 with highlights below:
CdM in partnership with BGF organized a Policy Lab on Fundamental Rights in AI & Digital Societies: Towards an International Accord in September 2021. Multistakeholder discussions aimed to build consensus around a rights-based agenda for the global governance of AI and digital societies, focusing on the following topics:
- Opportunities and threats for fundamental rights in AI & digital societies.
- Transatlantic approaches to protect fundamental rights in AI & digital spaces.
- The elements & processes for an international legal framework to protect fundamental rights in AI & digital spaces
- The Concept, Principle and Ecosystem for Digital and AI Society – “Remaking the World, Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment”.
- The Global Alliance for Digital Governance
- A framework for a global law and accord on AI and digital tools The Policy Lab followed the work initiated by both organizations on the implications of digital technologies and AI for democracy, global cooperation and multilateralism, with a particular focus on the Transatlantic space, and based on the progress of the AIWS Social Contract 2020 (Social Contract for the age of AI) and AIWS Innovation Network (AIWS.net).
Here is the link of the book “Remaking the World – Toward an Age of Global Enlightenment.”
Here is the link to the report.
Firstly, BGF will connect governments of the EU, US, Japan and India to discuss about International AI Bill of Rights, then expand to the UK, Australia, South Korea and Brazil.