Kyriakos Pierrakakis is also President of the OECD Global Strategy Group.
The OECD Global Strategy Group, which brings together Undersecretaries, Secretaries-General and other senior officials each year, has the task of facilitating cooperation between Member States. It prepares the work of the OECD Annual Ministerial Meeting, but adopts a more long-term vision.
Topics covered by the Commission include: digital transformation, the future of the labor market and trade in a digitized world, policy planning and international cooperation in a post-pandemic global economic system, and the design and implementation of a sustainable and comprehensive recovery plan. Another goal is to make the Commission more open globally, by expanding the reach of key partners, both from the candidate countries and from G7 and G20 Sherpas representatives.
Plenary V: The United Nations Centennial Initiative: the practice of Fundamental Rights in AI & Digital Societies
- David Silbersweig, Chairman, Department of Psychiatry and Co-Director for Institute for the Neurosciences, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Professor
- Key speakers
- Ramu Damodaran, Co-Chair of the United Nations Centennial
- Kyriakos Pierrakakis, Minister of State and Digital Governance of Greece, Chair of the Global Strategy Group, OECD
- Panel discussion:
- Vaira Vike-Freiberga, Member of Club de Madrid, President of Latvia (1999-2007)
- Michelle Bachelet, Member of Club de Madrid, President of Chile (2006-2010; 2014-2018) (video-message)
- Thomas Patterson, Research Director of The Michael Dukakis Institute for Leadership and Innovation, Professor of Government and the Press of Harvard Kennedy School
- Sean Cleary, Advisor of Club de Madrid, Executive vice-chair of the FutureWorld Foundation, Member of the Carnegie Council’s Artificial Intelligence & Equality Initiative’s Board of Advisors
- Tran Dinh Thien, Professor, Senior Advisor to Vietnamese Prime Minister