Secretary General Gurria spoke at the Western Balkans Berlin Process Summit – Leaders Session on Youth entrepreneurship
He focused on these messages:
- Boosting youth entrepreneurship to unleash the region’s full economic potential
- It is time to act: fostering youth entrepreneurship
And three issues to work on:
- First, governments need to create a business ecosystem that levels the playing field for young entrepreneurs. Policy makers should identify the special needs of youth, and offer tailored support services and structures such as incubators.
- Second, accessing finance remains too difficult for young entrepreneurs.A staggering 70% of all new businesses view a lack of funding as the number one impediment for creating a business. You cannot expect young people to become entrepreneurs if you don’t equip them with the necessary resources.
- Third, young people in the Western Balkans have substantially lower skills than their EU peers.
Boston Global Forum honored Mr. Angel Gurria as A World Leader in AI World Society at the Boston Global Forum – G7 Summit Conference on April 25, 2018 at Harvard University Faculty Club.