New concepts and principles of political power in AI and Internet age include 7 concentrations of power: 1. Executive Branch, 2. Legislative Branch, 3. Judicial Brach, 4. Business Sector, 5. Civil society organizations, 6. People, 7. AI Assistants.
These concepts are a part of the Social Contract 2020-Social Contract for the 21st Century. The concepts of 7 concentrations of power and the Social Contract 2020 were officially announced at the AI World Society Conference on September 23, 2019, at Harvard University Faculty Club. This is first time that the Business Sector and AI Assistant are considered concentrations of power.
Authors include top thought leaders such as Governor Michael Dukakis, Democratic candidate for the President of the United States in the 1988 Election; Vint Cerf, one of father of the Internet; Professor Alex Sandy Pentland, MIT; Professor Nazli Choucri, MIT; Professor Thomas Patterson, Harvard Kennedy School; Professor David Silbersweig, Harvard Medical School; Professor Christo Wilson, Northeastern University; Nguyen Anh Tuan, Co-founder of the Boston Global Forum; Paul Nemitz, Principal Adviser, Directorate General for Justice and Consumers, the European Commission; and Michel Servoz, Special Adviser to the President of the European Commission.
Former head of states, prominent scholars and leaders from Harvard, MIT, Tufts, University of Tokyo, etc. attended and discussed under moderation of Governor Michael Dukakis.
The authors and team will continue discuss and attend to issues:
- Laws that promote transparency and accountability in public and private sector data usage.
- Laws that facilitate and/or require independent audits of automated decision systems.
- How Citizens, Civil Society organizations, and AI Assistants can help in nurturing and enforcing laws/values/standards and contribute to governmental and private-sector decision-making.
- Control and management of global government mechanisms.
- Control and monitoring of AI Assistants to ensure that they comply with laws/norms/standards.
- How to enforce governmental respect and to execute the Social Contract 2020 – Social Contract for the 21st Century and their international laws, norms, standards.