Among the issues addressed by the Panel are the following:
- Reviewing legal frameworks for AI and identifying essential elements for a international AI legal framework.
- Defining methods to present abuses by governments and businesses in uses of AI, Data, Digital Technology, Cyberspace, (including attacking companies, organizations, and individuals on the Internet)
- Articulating norms to manage robotics and cybersecurity, protecting Social Contract for the AI Age, democratic values, transparency, and accountability while ensuring equal opportunities across diverse socio-economic landscapes.
- Supporting the provisions of the Budapest Convention on Cybercrime as well as the EU General Directives and/or incorporating basic principles thereof.
- Sanctioning entities –including governments, businesses, and not-for profit actors — who violate the AI International Accord and/or Social Contract for the AI Age).
Speakers: Governor Michael Dukakis; President Vaira Vike-Freiberga; Prime Minister Zlatko Lagumdzija; Professor Nazli Choucri (MIT); Merve Hickok, the founder of AIEthicist; Ambassador Raghavan P.S, Chairman of the National Security Advisory Board, India.
Time: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM EST, February 19th, 2021
The AI International Accord Panel will be moderated by Douglas Frantz.
Douglas Frantz is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, author, and former Deputy Secretary-General of the OECD. Frantz served as Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs in the Obama administration. He was an investigative reporter for the Los Angeles Times, the Chicago Tribune, and The New York Times. Frantz graduated from DePauw University and earned a M.S. from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.